I was tagged weeks ago now, and I keep forgetting to do this. Memes are fun! Consider yourself tagged if you want to partake of the fun. 🙂
1. 1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Good golly! Ten years ago I was in the beginning stages of up-ending my life and setting my feet upon the path that would lead eventually to a transcontinental move. It would be years yet before I ended up in Oregon, though. Also, I was still writing Hero Of Seers, which one day will get a revision.
2. What 5 things are on your to-do list?
1. Knit a sweater
2. record and send video tour of apartment to friends and family who will likely never get out here to visit it in person.
3. Knit socks!
4. Incorporate more walking into my day
5. Learn to spin on Wheelie.
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. Cheese — aged, mouldy gouda is the best
2. Goldfish — whole grain and/or colors!
4. Heirloom veggies — so fun to explore
5. Microbrews! (Living in the Pacific Northwest, I am spoiled by the sheer abundance and variety of foods and drinks, and the amazing passion of growers and brewers in the area.)
4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire:
I’m assuming quitting the day job to write full time is a given. That said:
1. Travel! LOTS of travel actually. I want to visit parts of India, parts of Greece, Ireland, England, Scotland, Iceland, and parts of Sweden. Alaska, and more and more I want to visit Hawai’i. I *almost* want to visit Australia. Almost. I would travel more back east, and I would travel to parts of my own country that I haven’t ventured to yet. And the Yukon Territory. And . . .yeah. Travel.
2. Except, then I also want a spinner’s flock, and land for them. So, we’d purchase some land, construct a yurt and a tiny home of some sort, for workspace and for living space, have chickens and goats and sheep and possibly a llama. And cats, obviously. Who doesn’t want cats? And, who wants to travel when one can be at home, with their flock? The land will, of course, be near running water and a short walk from the ocean.
3. Donate money and time! There are a number of charities I would like to support, both financially and with my time. Without having to have my soul sucked out in my retail job, I’d have, I would imagine, a lot more wherewithal to help deal with people without burning myself out entirely.
4. There’d be a kayak, and I would learn ocean kayaking.
5. Might have to have a third small house just to house the books I’d want to start hording . . . .
5. Name some places you have lived:
Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Oregon.
6. Name some bad habits you have:
I’m a skin and nail picker. Most of the skin around my nail beds have little to no feeling on the topmost layers, due to peeling my skin back. It starts hang nails or even pre-hang nails. On a number of them I can peel cleat to my first knuckle and be bleeding without even noticing. And, I’ve moved on to peeling some of my toes in the same way, too.
I’m also a drama gawker. I’ll admit it. Internet trainwrecks, even on topics I don’t care about? I can get sucked into reading or watching. This is a huge part of the reason why we don’t have television. Because I can watch *anything* and be captivated. I do my best to not add to the drama, and I succeed to a varying degree, but watching it? It’s a terrible time suck that doesn’t produce anything but a feeling of energy drain and having wasted time.
7. Name some jobs you have had:
Food service, manufacturing, and retail. No, you don’t get to have names.
8. Name those you are tagging for this meme:
As I said above, if you’d like to participate, consider yourself tagged!